This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bose Companion 5 USB Speakers - Strange Sounds

I have a pair of Bose Companion 5 USB Speakers that are making strange sounds. It's like they are making the sound they are supposed to, but it's stretching the sound out and making intermittent pauses throughout the playback. It makes the sounds buzzy, and strange. I have searched relentlessly for any answer, but most people only have the issue of not having any sound at all.

Now, I have downloaded the pavucontrol, and figured out the sound issue.

BTW, Anyone with Bose Companion 5 Speakers, who are not getting any sound, you have to adjust the "subwoofer" or "master" volume between 89% and 100%. Consider this a Spinal Tap scale of 1 to 11. I usually adjust around 97%, or a 8 on the Spinal Tap Scale.

So, I am getting sound, it's just messed up. When I go to playback a video, the video lags out and plays back slowly, as if it's slowing down in order to play in sync with slowed down audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - Ticopelp

Bump.

Comment

PC configuration? Desktop or Laptop? Video/Audio card/chip set? Version of Kubuntu you are running? Version of KDE you are running?
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Strange sounds? That's probably the type of music your listening to.

If you plug in head phones does the sound appear normal?

Comment

It's a Desktop PC, Core i7-3440, Nvidia GTX780ti Video Card, 16g RAM.

They work fine in Windows, just not Kubuntu. I am running 15.04. And I don't have an onboard Audio Card, as the Speakers are USB. So when I plug in the headphones to the volume-puck, I get the same messed up sound.

Here are the actual speakers: http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...on_5/index.jsp

Comment

This may solve your problem -> http://askubuntu.com/questions/13819...dio-with-12-04

Comment

Working...
            X