This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14.04 vs. 14.04.1 vs. 14.04.2

Over here, I see different disk images for 14.04, 14.04.1, and 14.04.2.

What's the difference between them?

If I install 14.04 and then run apt-get-upgrade, is it then at least as new as if I had installed 14.04.2?
    Last edited by rybnik; Jun 12, 2015, 11:29 PM.
    I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Yup. These .1 and .2 just put all the current updates onto the iso, so there is less updating needed. If you were to download directly from the Kubuntu or Ubuntu websites, you would be getting the newest version, iirc.

HOWEVER:
    .0 and .1 versions do not have the LTS Enablement Stack enabled, while .2 versions do, so if one needed to stick to the original kernels/xorg bits grabbing one of the first two is required.

So, if you began with 14.04.0, and kept up to date, you are at the same place as 14.04.2, with the exception of kernels and xorg, unless you installed the things needed to get you Utopic (or even Vivid?) versions as listed on the wiki page.

Comment

Thanks, claydoh! You write well.

If you were to download directly from the Kubuntu or Ubuntu websites, you would be getting the newest version, iirc.
      Cosign. I just checked that.

Indeed, downloading from the official websites is how I normally get disk images, but I was led to ask this question because I've started mirroring iso's on my personal website.
      I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Comment

Working...
      X