Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing decimal separator from comma to period?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing decimal separator from comma to period?

Hi all, I just installed Kubuntu (14.10 x64) and as I am in Europe currently I selected western Europe as the location during the install to get the correct time and closest servers etc. However now I see that commas are used in Dolphin, Konsole, Firefox etc. as the decimal separator and I would like to change this to periods (i.e., for Dolphin to show 14.4 GB instead of 14,4 GB, etc.). In the settings the US is set as the locale, along with periods as decimal separators etc. though all these programs are still using commas. Any ideas on how to change this setting? Thanks

System Settings > Country/Region & Language > Locale > Numbers

Change Group separator from , to .
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, but this didn't work - even after rebooting, still commas.

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      System Settings > Country/Region & Language > Locale > Numbers

Change Group separator from , to .

Comment

I think you need to change the Decimal separator to "." rather than the Group separator.

Maybe you have tried this already? If so, please disregard.
        Last edited by Rod J; Jun 03, 2015, 06:36 AM.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

In checking the settings, the decimal separator was already set to "." which I thought was strange.

Comment

Indeed, the example in System Settings is wrong.

My system is Dutch and the comma is the decimal separator, yet the preview shows Numbers: 1,000.01

Comment

Working...
            X