X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers for pointing stick needed

Hi All,

I've installed Kubuntu 14.04 LTS on my Elitebook 8540p. There are a few quirks, but the biggest problem I'm having right now is that my pointing stick is extremely slow. There seems to be no setting to adjust sensitivity in the input menu. I installed pointing devices to no avail. I installed configure-trackpoint by adding a repository that I found on the net, and installing via command line. However, when I tried to run it, it stated that the trackpoint could not be found/check linux kernel and drivers. Yes, I do know that trackpoint is an IBM/Lenovo device, however, I haven't seen any mention of pointing stick drivers specifically made for HP laptops (I would imagine both the ProBooks and Elitebooks share the same drivers). In any case, I need this to work, as I am totally dependent on the pointing stick (using a trackpad slows me down greatly, to the point where I'd have to carry around a portable mouse with me). If there is no workaround for this, perhaps someone could suggest a linux distro that has native support for the pointing stick? Preferably one with a KDE interface.

Thanks in advance
Working...
X