Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I looked up LVM and perhaps that's what i should have selected but not at this time.

Comment

Installed Kubuntu 14.04 and that worked ok. New to me it notified that there was an upgrade available and it turned out to be 14.1
      so I am in the middle of that upgrade right now. If 14.1 boots ok perhaps I should just stay there and try 15.04 when it gets to 15.1?
      Why is 15.04 so much better than 14.1?

Comment

Ok hopefully you get sorted out but hopefully you didn' t select encrypt drive or but also chose separate file eg /home/usr /var etc, watch for any system flags about using a mirror for install if your bandwidth allows or jst use it offline with your dvd

Comment

Did NOT select encrypt drive nor did I select the LVM.

Comment

"but also chose separate file eg /home/usr /var etc" not sure about that since nothing came up during 14.04 install asking.

Comment

Lvm is useful when you want the system to take snapshots of whatever happens so you can always refer to syslog

Comment

Ok, so I believe I can install LVM at another time separately but will do that when I am a lot more comfortable with Linux.

Comment

So upgrade to 14.1 went ok and booted up fine so i will stop there until there is a good reason to upgrade.

Comment

Success!
                    A little info re. the numbering of Kubuntu, 14 is is for the year 2014, .10 means October, there has never been a January version.

Comment

Working...
                    X