X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse pointer gone in xfce session.

Hello,

I wanted to speed up the mouse pointer but ended up disabling the mouse.

Searching the KBF , i found this post :

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post370197

However, this has not worked.

I also found that success has been found using `gnome-settings-daemon`.

How exactly do you use this ? where is it in apps ?

App finder produced nothing.

Problem is that without the mouse pointer nothing works

Need some help please.

Thanks.

gnome-settings-daemon is part of the gnome desktop, not in the XFCE desktop. The command in the post you found is part of KDE, also not in XFCE. Google suggests that xfce4-settings is the XFCE counterpart, but as that's a GUI dialogue, you might have trouble starting that without a mouse. Maybe you could use it from a KDE session (which I expect you have, as you're posting in KFN); maybe the xfce settings daemon xfsettingsd would have to be started first.

You could press ctrl-alt-f1, and log on to a text terminal, then you don't need a mouse to do stuff; however, you'd need to be able to use the command line. There is the xconf-query command, but you'd have to find out which magic incantation would fix your mouse setting.

Caveat: I've never done the following, my understanding of the consequences is theoretical:
    Either with the command line, or a KDE session, you could zap all your XFCE configuration. On the command line that would be, say mv .config/xfce4 .config/xfce4-bak and possibly also mv .cache/xfce4 .cache/xfce4-bak. Using dolphin in KDE, show hidden files (under view on the menu bar, or Alt-.), then go into the .config and .cache directories, and rename the xfce4 directory in them.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

@jlittle,

Thanks for your answer.

I think there must be a bug in there somewhere .

The problem happened on entering the (mouse) config and unchecking the (enable mouse).

As soon as this was done the mouse was ko .

I can not understand why you are not able to recheck the box and atleast ask for confirmation first.

For the time being i have just changed desktops and now using gnome metacity.

I will more than likely reinstall the os and never fiddle with mouse settings again.

Thanks for all your help.
      Last edited by kdeuser; May 14, 2015, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X