Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu always works vis-a-vis KDE on something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu always works vis-a-vis KDE on something...

It is curious that Frham60 posted from another tangent that upon which this post is posited.

I KNOW all the people who are waay smarter than me repy to my posts and say......."Kubuntu is JUST "KDE" on Ubuntu" ..............or that "other distros" are "JUST" KDE on top of Debian or whatever.........

Welllllllllllll again I beg to differ.........

Without getting into details I run Linux on some really OLD hardware and also one some pretty exotic hardware..........

And again.............today............... "KDE" ..."on top of" something else, ran for quite a while and then.......added something in FROM THE DEFAULT REPPOS.............and it just crashed........done.......gone..... end of story.

REVIEWERS..............

Ya know what.......If a "movie critic" says that a movie is trash........I go watch it.........and have to wait in line because of all the "shallow" "Americans" waiting in line.........

There are only a FEW "reviewers" of "Linux" who are even worth tapping a mouse button to read.....

And "the ones not worth a mouse tap" folks always have to have some kind of comment about how "YAWN"....Kubuntu did a release and the wallpaper was not cutting edge........

Well.........no matter the hadware........

Kubuntu alwahys works.
    Last edited by woodsmoke; May 08, 2015, 10:29 PM.

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post

I KNOW all the people who are waay smarter than me repy to my posts and say......."Kubuntu is JUST "KDE" on Ubuntu" ..............or that "other distros" are "JUST" KDE on top of Debian or whatever.........

If this is true, what is Netrunner?
    It isn't Kubuntu.
    sigpic

Comment

Netrunner............is.............the other side of a certain............blueness.............

wooddatedawomanwhoLIVEDyellowsubmarine.......wishI hadnotendedupinacertainjungle...........sadness... ......really........smoke

Comment

Yes there are differences, just as there are different packages in the Ubuntu repo's for both KDE and Kubuntu plasma.

A couple of years ago I experimented with it and returned to regular Kubuntu, it is mainly the integration and support that makes it appealing.

Comment

I agree LoR

Simple things like the seamless "integration" of "enlarging" the bottom panel for my widescreen t.v..

NetRunner........it gets all "bunched up".

Kubuntu.......well.....yeah........just woiks.......

woodisVERYLAZYsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
            Kubuntu always works.
            I agree. At least in my experience, it always works.
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
            X