Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I already have Kubuntu 14.10 installed. Can I install another 14.10 with Plasma 5?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already have Kubuntu 14.10 installed. Can I install another 14.10 with Plasma 5?

I have permanently removed Windows 7 from my Desktop PC. I have an empty and available 128GB SSD that I would like to install Kubuntu 14.10 with Plasma 5 as an alternative. Is it possible to dual-boot two of the same Operating system, one with plasma 4, the other with plasma 5? Thanks!

Yes, of course.

As long as you install each OS in it's own partition you can have as many copies of the same or different OS's as you want (disk space allowing, of course). Just be certain of which partition you are installing into (partition labels can help avoid confusion). To set a partition label just choose the Properties of the newly created partition and change the label to something appropriate.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

The only thing you can share is the swap partition, for the rest you need at least one and preferably two free partitions.
      That is of course one for root and another for /home.

Comment

Working...
      X