This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I stop an upgrade notice?

I recently installed Kubuntu 14.10 on my Desktop PC. I have updated and upgraded everything to the point I prefer, but I keep getting notices that there is a new version of Kubuntu available.

It is a small matter, but the drop-down of this notice happens multiple times each day. I would prefer to stop it if possible.

Go to Applications > Settings > Software & Updates > Updates and set "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version" to Never.

Comment

Go to Applications > Settings > Software & Updates > Updates
      ? ? ? What OS is that for?
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        ? ? ? What OS is that for?
        Did you follow the path before asking?

The only one that I am using that works. Kubuntu 14.10.

If you don't have that, you can also change it in Applications > System > Update Manager, click the More button, then Advanced > Configure Software Sources, enter your PW, select the Updates tab and set Release Upgrade to Never.

Now that I have some of the kinks worked out in my 15.04 installation, I may do a DU over the net in a month or two, or three, or six.
        Last edited by WaltS48; Apr 25, 2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Did you follow the path before asking?
          It never, ever occurred to me.
          The only one that I am using that works. Kubuntu 14.10.
          That's it there; not in 14.04, which is what I now see the OP is at.
          Of course, the route through Muon Configure Software Sources is the one I use, set to notify on LTS releases only.
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I have a feeling that I am going to become a bit embarrassed. When I go to Applications>Settings> here is what I am offered:

Input Method
            Open JDK Java 7 policy tool
            System Settings

I can't seem to find "Software & Updates>Updates and set

I found 'Applications on the Start Menu drop-down with the selection Settings, but I can't fine anything in System Settings. I am using Kubuntu 14.10; is your advice about a different version of Kubuntu or Sorry to be so dense.

Originally posted by WaltS48 View Post
            Go to Applications > Settings > Software & Updates > Updates and set "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version" to Never.

Comment

My advice is using what I see in my Kubuntu 14.10.

Do you have, Computer > Muon Discover?

Open that, select Sources, click Configure Software Sources, enter your password, select the Updates tab.

Comment

Nothing changed. I am marking this post as solved, even though no joy. Thanks!

Originally posted by WaltS48 View Post
                My advice is using what I see in my Kubuntu 14.10.

Do you have, Computer > Muon Discover?

Open that, select Sources, click Configure Software Sources, enter your password, select the Updates tab.

Comment

Working...
                X