Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For accessing the wireless network 'STEVEN-WIFI' you need to provide a password below

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For accessing the wireless network 'STEVEN-WIFI' you need to provide a password below

7 months ago, I was able to access the internet using wifi. I had a HDD failure and since replacemenet have not been able to setup the wifi connection. I have received lots of excellent help, however still it does not connect. When I attempt to connect to the Internet using WiFi, I get the message in the post. I have tried all the passwords I have ever used and none are correct, according to my computer.

I finally gave up trying to repair the problem when people stopped trying to help.

I downloaded Kubuntu 14.10 thinking it may solve the problem for me. I am using the USB trial version right now, and am still unable to connect.

Is there a way to find the correct password? Thanks for any input!

Just to be clear, and I hope I am not confused, the password you are being asked for is the password required by your router-modem (to allow devices to connect to its wireless network), correct? If so, that password should come with your router-modem (mine is printed on the bottom of the modem), or from your ISP, or from yourself in case you re-set the ISP-provided password with another password (i.e., with a password you made up).
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Dear Qqmike,

Thanks for your patient help. I just got it fixed. I contacted the router manufacturer and found that I had a 63 item password and my system would only handle 62 characters. The last character was never entered; that is the reason I was unabl;e to connect.

The person who helped me changed my password to a slightly smaller password which immediately solved the problem.

This is apparently a rare problem. Thanks for your help, friend.

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      Just to be clear, and I hope I am not confused, the password you are being asked for is the password required by your router-modem (to allow devices to connect to its wireless network), correct? If so, that password should come with your router-modem (mine is printed on the bottom of the modem), or from your ISP, or from yourself in case you re-set the ISP-provided password with another password (i.e., with a password you made up).

Comment

Working...
      X