This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iso file - right location for download and first information

Hello everyone on this forum. I recently started using kubuntu and I got the feeling that this is the best thing that Linux can offer to their customers. Long use linux (ubuntu, opensuse, mint) or kubuntu in this new version 15:04 fantastic. I've never used kubuntu so I'm a little unsure of some things and I would kubuntu experienced users to help me a little bit about it.

A )
    Kubuntu ISO file I downloaded from the site " http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/ " , and now I'm not sure if I can continue to use this issue or would still be right to take the final release when it is available on the official kubuntu website so that it again I install ? I'm not sure exactly what you mean daily version that I took and whether this version is suitable for long term use.

Also with some things the first time we meet and to ask whether it is right or wrong somewhere:

B )
    -Installation is carried out correctly and the system is running without any problems, but nowhere in the bios can not see the new file as I have seen for other operating systems (for opensuse read opensusesecureboot, for Ubuntu are in the BIOS appeared two file called ubuntu). I installed Kubuntu on an empty HDD and is the only operating system on the PC.
    UEFI is enabled, the GPT partition table in use.

C )
    .when you run ubuntu on the screen briefly appears the inscription "start version 219" and then the kubuntu regularly appears on the screen. It has never met but I was wondering if it's all right?

I thank you for your answers and hope for your understanding for me because I'm a total novice in Kubuntu.

Hey,

The start version 219 thing shows the version of systemd which has initiated so its ok. Don't know much about the other questions, I personally downloaded - "Kubuntu Beta 2" from here http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/re.../vivid/beta-2/

Comment

Originally posted by bunker View Post
      Hello everyone on this forum. I recently started using kubuntu and I got the feeling that this is the best thing that Linux can offer to their customers. Long use linux (ubuntu, opensuse, mint) or kubuntu in this new version 15:04 fantastic. I've never used kubuntu so I'm a little unsure of some things and I would kubuntu experienced users to help me a little bit about it.

A )
      Kubuntu ISO file I downloaded from the site " http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/ " , and now I'm not sure if I can continue to use this issue or would still be right to take the final release when it is available on the official kubuntu website so that it again I install ? I'm not sure exactly what you mean daily version that I took and whether this version is suitable for long term use.
      it will be fine to keep this "daily version" as long as you keep it upgraded it will end up the same as the official release.
      the "daily" just means it is a daily build that includes the latest updates and fixes .

FYI the last LTS(long term support) was 14.04 and the next will be 16.04

B )
      -Installation is carried out correctly and the system is running without any problems, but nowhere in the bios can not see the new file as I have seen for other operating systems (for opensuse read opensusesecureboot, for Ubuntu are in the BIOS appeared two file called ubuntu). I installed Kubuntu on an empty HDD and is the only operating system on the PC.
      UEFI is enabled, the GPT partition table in use.
      not sure I understand this ,,,,,,,you do not have a BIOS ,,,,you have UEFI (the new BIOS but not the same) .

what file and where ?

C )
      .when you run ubuntu on the screen briefly appears the inscription "start version 219" and then the kubuntu regularly appears on the screen. It has never met but I was wondering if it's all right?
      @KittyDealah answered this one

I thank you for your answers and hope for your understanding for me because I'm a total novice in Kubuntu.

you are welcome ,,,,,,,,,, and we understand , it is why we are hear

and welcome to KFN ......... the friendliest forum on the net.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks for the quick and quality response.

Here's a little explanation about unknowns in UEFI:
        When installed ubuntu then the boot order see: Ubuntu, HDD, DVD.
        When installed opensuse then the boot order see: opensusesecureboot, HDD, DVD.
        Now that is installed kubuntu, in the boot order see: HDD, DVD.

It is not clear to me a little bit because I'm always has the UEFI boot order saw and driving file for the operating system, and now when installed kubuntu (this is the only operating system on the PC) in order to see the bot only HDD and DVD.

Maybe it has something to do with systemd and a new way of installation and display the installed operating system in UEFI?

Comment

Working...
        X