This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Freeze alternative for Kubuntu 14

I am in need of a "Deep Freeze" (allows restoring a computer back to its original configuration after a restart) alternative for Kubuntu 14. After an internet search, I found something called Lethe (this forum rejected the link but you can find a description on sourceforege/projects), but, even after additional searches, including this forum, I can't determine if Lethe will work on Kubuntu 14.

Can anyone help with this, or recommend a better alternative?

I've seen a post explaining installation on 14.04.
    http://sourceforge.net/p/lethe/discu...read/54a279ec/

A similar product is OFRIS-EN.

Comment

Thanks for the link.

I am aware of Ofris, but, as far as I can tell, it can only be used with certain Ubuntu versions, not Kubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by techwriterextra View Post
        TI am aware of Ofris, but, as far as I can tell, it can only be used with certain Ubuntu versions, not Kubuntu.
        Kubuntu and Ubuntu differ only in their desktops (KDE vs. Unity) and in the widget toolset used for applications (Qt vs. Gtk+). Under the covers they're virtually identical. Lethe appears to be a low-level utility that operates beneath the desktop, so its operation on Ubuntu and Kubuntu will be the same.

Comment

Thanks for your message about Lethe. Can the same be said for Ofris?

Comment

Probably. But it's really old -- not updated since October 2008.
            http://sourceforge.net/projects/daft...ris-1.9.05-en/

Comment

Not sure what your purpose/issue is, but consider using btrfs filesystem and a snapshot.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X