This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great you found a solution!

So what setting were you using that caused the problems?

About below sea level, where I live it's because it is land reclaimed from the sea in the years 1938-1943, how's that in Japan, is it a natural thing or also man-made?

Comment

One big problem was the xorg.conf file. Once I deleted it with your kdesudo dophin hint, situation improved a lot. Machine was running again. When I wrote my previous answer, I thought that all is perfect. But then I ran into a new problem.

See https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...fferent-images

Although this problem existed before already I re-installed a root & boot image to get back to the last "stable" version. I did not see any improvements so I have to fight, search, and beg for a solution....

As for the location below sea level, in Japan you cannot live beneath sea level. You actually should live at least 20 m above sea level because of the tsunamis. We live in Tokyo some 20-25m above sea level and thus feel pretty safe.
      Also reclaimed land is above sealevel. During the large earthquake in 11-Mar-2011 some reclaimed land liquified a bit.
      When I wrote that was 3m below sea level, I was in Holland where you are living....

Comment

Ah Holland.
        I understand the potential of tsunamis for huge waves and earthquakes that can liquefy soil but it could have been some natural depression like the Dead Sea or Caspian Sea.

Comment

Keep fingers crossed that we don't get a Japanese Dead Sea with Tokyo in the middle.....

Comment

Working...
          X