Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When an email arrives as an HTML, I get the option to approve sender and read in HTML

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have been so kind to help, my friend. My system got so screwed up, I could not even enter the Internet anymore. I tried many things, but was desperate because I did not have a computer anymore, and I am alone. I then attempted to install Kubuntu 14.04 on the infected drive containing Windows 7 Pro. I was finally able to format Win7 out of my machine during the process. After what appeared to be a successful installation of Kubuntu, I restarted when instructed. My computer did not boot. In fact, nothing would boot at all, so I shut down my computer overnight while I decided what to do next.

The next morning, the new installation booted. I checked to see that the drive previously containing Win7 was in fact now installed with Kubuntu. Apparently it is, because the file system showing for that drive is Ext 4 not NTFS anymore.

Since then my computer is working great. Only the one drive of 4 can be accessed though. At the moment I have lost my /home partition, but the KDE Partition Manager shows data still in that drive, so maybe I can get it back somehow. Also, I would very much like to format the other two drives and the one that is currently inaccessible, when I have removed the data, to start fresh with everything.

I don't think I will ever install Windows or any Microsoft Operating System again. It seems that it is always causing a user to unnecessarily lose data and especially time. Whether or not it affected Kubuntu, I don't and probably never will know, but I do know that when I have problems with a Microsoft OS, it is never misuse of he system that is causing the problems and is usually catastrophic.

This is the second time I have had a critical loss in my Kubuntu distribution and both followed massive problems in my Windows application. The only thing I have been using Win7 for is Netflix. I am going to cancel that service so I won't be tempted to install Win 7 again.

A shame about remastersys! It sounded like a wonderful application.

Do you have any ideas how to make my other drives accessible? I would expecialy like to copy the content of my /home directory. Additionally I would like to see if my system back-up is retained on the other Terabyte drive. Thanks for the help friend!

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
    @Shabakthanai I'm sorry but remastersys is no more which is why you could not download it. And according to the info I read you needed to add a PPA to your sources list to be able to get remastersys but as development has stopped then it would be a waste of time to even try.

However, there is possibly a better disk cloner called Clonezilla, if you can download Clonezilla from here install it to a USB stick then you should be able to clone your Kubuntu partition on to DVD-RW's

Comment

Working...
    X