X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO dvd to iso image file ?

Hi,

I was sure this could be done beforehand as my aim was to make a bootable pen drive.

Having around 20 iso files burnt to dvd, i am rapidly running out of dvd discs so thought the pen drive option would be the way to go.

Googled alittle and found nothing much in the way of being easy to use.

On downloading an iso image to your pc it`s customary to burn to dvd.

I wish to convert the dvd`s to their raw iso state.

Is there software that can do this ?

Thanks.

insert DVD ,,,,,,open K3b ,,,,,,select "copy medium" ,,,,,,in the settings dialog that pops up check "only create image" ,,,,,on the image tab you can select where to save it to ,,,,,,,,,,,you must have enough space in /tmp to hold the image wile it's processed or set K3b's temp location to somewhere else that has the space .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

This is what i get when i open k3b -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 03112015 - 08:59:22 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	642777

Comment

Do you have a regular Kubuntu installation to try this on? You've had all sorts of permissions issue with this custom distro, if I recall. This might be one of them ... or might not.
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Yes, this is the same distro (bm2lts) . Due to my stubborn nature i refuse to give up , too much investment.

Must be bad luck on my part as the 2 drives i normally use for testing died on me.

Probably end up sticking to the safe and reliable (all relative, of course ) dvd.

Comment

Always good to keep at something! But what about installing Kubuntu in a partition? To isolate issues.
            I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
              Always good to keep at something! But what about installing Kubuntu in a partition? To isolate issues.
              Will try that aproach very soon but for now found a way which works.

Unfortunately, installing xp in virtualbox was the way to go.

On install booted livelinuxusb and a bootable bm2lts pen drive 10 minutes later.

This is the method used from vdr-portal , the video tutorial was excellent.

Anyway, thanks for all the help on this.

Comment

Working...
              X