Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touch pad sensitivity too high in Kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch pad sensitivity too high in Kubuntu?

Hey everyone. I am new here.
    Two days ago I installed Kubuntu. I have tried other distros so I am not completely new. I have noticed in all the Linux distros that I have tried (mint, ubuntu, fedora,xubuntu, elementary os, deepin) that the touchpad is very sensitive to the touch and scrolling is too fast even in the slowest settings.
    This problem is even worse in Kubuntu. It's way too fast and erratic. I have looked into the settings but i am a bit confused. Too many options and don't really understand most of them.
    Can anyone tell me which setting should I use to have slower scrolling speeds and pointer speeds?
    Thanks in advance.

Version of Kubuntu? Model of touchpad or laptop? Best to give at least some basic info...

Please Read Me

Comment

14.10 Plasma 4
      Dell E6430 laptop with Alps touchpad.

Comment

System Settings > Input Devices > Touchpad > Scrolling > Scrolling Distance (and Coasting)
        System Settings > Input Devices > Touchpad > Pointer Motion > Speed

Just set the sliders to the lowest settings (all the way to the left), save, and test. Increase values until you are satisfied.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Open a terminal and typexinput list
          to see what your input device name is, then type xinput list-props "<device name>"
          to see what options you can change. Finally, usexinput set-prop "<device name>" "<property name>" <value> to set the property.

Play around until you get it right, then add then final result to /etc/rc.local

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            System Settings > Input Devices > Touchpad > Scrolling > Scrolling Distance (and Coasting)
            System Settings > Input Devices > Touchpad > Pointer Motion > Speed

Just set the sliders to the lowest settings (all the way to the left), save, and test. Increase values until you are satisfied.
            Already tried. Even on the lowest settings, scrolling is crazy fast.

Comment

After making the changes, have you logged out and logged back in?

Comment

Yes, many times. Still no go.

Comment

Verify that kde-touchpad, xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, and libspandsp2 are installed.

Comment

Working...
                  X