This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying/moving files form the hard-drive drive to CD-R

Can someone tell me how to move files form my hard-drive to a CD-R using k3b?

Thanks
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Originally posted by anonprivate View Post
    Can someone tell me how to move files form my hard-drive to a CD-R using k3b?

Thanks
    Please use this link
    http://www.wikihow.com/Burn-Document...inux-Using-K3b

Comment

I am not making very much progress.

I had a look at the page you referenced, but can't find 'Wizard Mode'

I tried dragging the file of interest to the screen with options printed, I saw the file that I wanted to Burn, but I could not select the directory on the CD. In addition on pressing Burn, the burn button on the popup was greyed out.

Comment

I am not making very much progress.

I had a look at the page you referenced, but can't find 'Wizard Mode'

I tried dragging the file of interest to the screen with options printed, I saw the file that I wanted to Burn, but I could not select the directory on the CD. In addition on pressing Burn, the burn button on the popup was greyed out.
        I make videocast , please watch it .
        Last edited by Baymax; Feb 13, 2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Does the 'New Data Project' option apply if I want to add files to a CD-R that already contains files?

Comment

Does the 'New Data Project' option apply if I want to add files to a CD-R that already contains files?
            if you close session on CD-R answer is NO, it doesn't but if you don't close session on CD-R answer is Yes, it Does.

Comment

I burned the existing files on this disk using another programme, probably from a live CD (can't remember now, so time ago).

According to k3b this CD is not appendable; however, I note using Dolphin that there is plenty of space.

I am wondering if the appendable characteristic is device dependant, or if it is universal, irrespective of the programme used for burning?

I have not used k3b as yet, but, when I do, how can I ensure that I don't finalise the disk.

Best wishes.

A

Comment

start your data project ,,,,,,add files ,,,,,,,,when you click the burn ,,,,,,a dialog pops up > click the misc tab >start multisession > burn

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

CD-R = recordable once only unless you specifically leave that recording session open, and most programmes would default to closed.

CD-RW = rewritable which allows you to add and delete as you wish which is probably what you need.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                    start your data project ,,,,,,add files ,,,,,,,,when you click the burn ,,,,,,a dialog pops up > click the misc tab >start multisession > burn

VINNY
                    Thanks for replying.

If a CD-R is closed in kb3 does it follow that it is closed in all burning programmes?

best wishes

A

Comment

Thanks for replying.

If a CD-R is closed in kb3 does it follow that it is closed in all burning programmes?

best wishes

A
                      yes ,,,,when a cd-r is finalized/closed ,,,,it is done everywhere.

if you add files to a data cd project in multi session moad it dose not get finalized and you can go back and add more files using the "continue multi session" option .

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

yes ,,,,when a cd-r is finalized/closed ,,,,it is done everywhere.

if you add files to a data cd project in multi session moad it dose not get finalized and you can go back and add more files using the "continue multi session" option .

VINNY
                        Thank you

I have DVD-R which is appendable and has an iso file on the disk.

When I load the DVD I see the disk in k3b (top left), and the 'Medium' information in the pane.

How can I view the actual iso file?

Thanks.

Comment

@hear when I put a CD/DVD with an .iso on it in ,,,,,,,,the device notifier pops up and I click open in file manager and can view the files .

But I have fuseiso and the kde-service-menu-fuseiso installed ,,,,,,so maby this is why .

Code:
                          sudo apt install kde-service-menu-fuseiso
                          this will give you a right click "actions>mount iso option to dolphin .

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

AFAIK a cd-r is a once-only disc. How a cd-rw allows you to add/subtract files is beyond my understanding - other than it just does!

Comment

@hear when I put a CD/DVD with an .iso on it in ,,,,,,,,the device notifier pops up and I click open in file manager and can view the files .

But I have fuseiso and the kde-service-menu-fuseiso installed ,,,,,,so maby this is why .

Code:
                              sudo apt install kde-service-menu-fuseiso
                              this will give you a right click "actions>mount iso option to dolphin .

VINNY
                              I have noticed that when trying to view the DVD in Dolphin that it appears not to exist, but it does as verified by k3b. Seems odd.

Comment

Working...
                              X