Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I move all data from an HDD to an SSD and retain computer function?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After installing Kubuntu to the SSD, /home is still in the HDD that kubuntu was in, when I remove the previous Kubuntu OS from the HDD, will I have to do anything to continuing that HDD for /home.

That is what I wanted in the first place, when I installed the OS.

You suggest I install Kubuntu in the SSD; that is precisely what I thought I did initially. Won't the same thing happen with the new installation of Kubuntu when I attempt to put it in the SSD? Won't my system relocate it back in the HDD? I have no idea what I did wrong the last time; I also have no idea how an OS can, probably to make things work, locate the OS where it has not been instructed. Thanks for the help, friend .

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
    install kubuntu to the ssd (using a live cd) and use that old drive as /home call it a day? run win 7 later in virtualbox (unless games) when you need to use it

Comment

The virus is still with me. It is my first experience with a virus. Wow! it seems the offender has closed most or all doors to get in to repair the problem. At least the Windows 7 Pro application is lost to me. Additionally, I am not prepared to install Windows 7 fresh, I would lose Kubuntu and that is more than I am willing to do at this time. I am also getting help from technicians in the Windows 7 forums. They are very helpful and considerate, so they may be the ones to provide a cure. I sure would like to get it fixed, though.

Recently I added additional memory. The system is currently working better, but after upgrading the BIOS and experiencing what appeared to be a repaired system, I am currently working with ASUS and GSkill getting all four sticks balanced. I am currently waiting for instructions after hitting a snag. Later friend.

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
      Did you fix your windows virus problem? And your Kubuntu startup problem? They can't be related, unless you were running Kubuntu at the time you hard powered down and corrupted some files.

Comment

Working...
      X