This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldos2er View Post
    I'm not familiar with BM2LTS, but can you provide the output from the following commands?
    Code:
    apt-cache policy gpgv

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    The OP has already done so, way way back in the thread

On side note, I am unable to install this OS, using virtualbox, to examine what it looks like under the hood. None of the options will proceed as I get an error relating to not being able to find an image file, or other error.

Comment

So I see. Sorry, I had my thread display setting mixed up!
      He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        I am unable to install this OS, using virtualbox, to examine what it looks like under the hood. None of the options will proceed as I get an error relating to not being able to find an image file, or other error.
        I don`t think you can install bm2lts because you need a module called a netceiver which holds your dvb cards , ( Reelbox Avantgarde ) has this.

It`s explained to a degree by cinfo the developer , here - post 222 :

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board16-vid....html?f5cdbfa1

Looks like it`s a work in progress for the future.

Note : You might be able to get the pc part working i.e. the one that you have now.

Below is a video demo to go with a text explanation . I have installed s3 which is a translation app ( uses google translate as a backend ) but leaves alot to be desired.

http://www.sc-schulze.de/archives/ca...s/installation
        Last edited by kdeuser; Feb 13, 2015, 12:05 PM.

Comment

No, I've tried every option in the menu, none will work. It doesn't look like it even has a regular installer, using clonezilla instead. I am using virtual box, I'm sure that is part of the problem

I just wanted to see what they modified or what the differences were, anyway.

I still wonder why they don't just make this an add-on to an existing Ubuntu, really. Not that I know enough about the hardware involved.

Comment

Originally posted by kdeuser View Post
            I then remembered that the neon/kf5 ppa draws many packages - including the 2 mentioned .

It turns out that the neon/kf5 ppa is not maintained any more - hence no plasma5 .

I had no idea you are trying to install kde plasma 5, that will probably add another layer of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by anika200 View Post
              I had no idea you are trying to install kde plasma 5, that will probably add another layer of problems.
              At this point in time, i would be happy with just a normal plasma.

Note : Marked kubuntu-desktop in synaptic and the install went through. I can`t really mark this thread as solved due to kde-plasma-desktop refusing to boot up at login screen.

Starting a new thread on those errors as i think it deserves dedicated time.

Comment

Working...
              X