Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can confirm the the 2 files in Sources.list.d are empty.

Comment

I'm starting to think that this custom distro has a lot of pined packages ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, open muon ,,, on the left side sort by "Buy Stauts>Locked" ,,,,,,,,is it a lot or little/none ?

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        open muon ,,, on the left side sort by "Buy Stauts>Locked" ,,,,,,,,is it a lot or little/none ?

VINNY
        You have lost me there . If you are referring to the `muon` package manager the system won`t let me install it due to broken packages.

Readout from : sudo apt-get install muon

Code:
        reel@BM2LTSR66RBin:/media/hd/home/reel$ sudo apt-get install muon
        [sudo] password for reel: 
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree       
        Reading state information... Done
        Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
        requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
        distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
        or been moved out of Incoming.
        The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
         muon : Depends: libmuonprivate2 (= 2.2.0-0ubuntu3.2) but it is not going to be installed
         muon-updater : Depends: libmuonprivate2 (= 2.2.0-0ubuntu3.2) but it is not going to be installed
                        Recommends: muon-notifier but it is not going to be installed
        E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
        reel@BM2LTSR66RBin:/media/hd/home/reel$
        Last edited by kdeuser; Feb 08, 2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Do the same with Synaptic then.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Do the same with Synaptic then.
            Lost me there , do what with Synaptic , reinstall ?

Update : Terminal saying that Synaptic is already the latest version after reinstall.
            Last edited by kdeuser; Feb 08, 2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

No. Use Synaptic to identify any 'pinned' packages.

Settings > Filters and click the New button, click the Deselect All button and check the Pinned box. Change the name of the filter from New Filter 1 to Pinned. Click the OK button.

You now have a filter that will show all Pinned packages, if there are any.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

kdeuser, you will have to reboot for the polkit thing to take effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  No. Use Synaptic to identify any 'pinned' packages.

Settings > Filters and click the New button, click the Deselect All button and check the Pinned box. Change the name of the filter from New Filter 1 to Pinned. Click the OK button.

You now have a filter that will show all Pinned packages, if there are any.
                  Completed these commands , below is a print :

Click image for larger version

Name:	synaptic-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	445.8 KB
ID:	642740

1 broken package showing i.e. kubuntu-desktop , however, just installed an image convertor package and performed those same commands only changing from `pinned` to `pinned2` - nothing broken. Probably because kubuntu-desktop was not selected , i think.
                  Last edited by kdeuser; Feb 09, 2015, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anika200 View Post
                    kdeuser, you will have to reboot for the polkit thing to take effect.
                    Thanks for that , switched the pc back on this morning.

Comment

@kdeuser Is the device your trying to "upgrade" anything like this?
                      Last edited by Guest; Feb 09, 2015, 08:22 AM.

Comment

@NickStone,

The htpc i`m using is this :

The video is in German i`m afraid , as the machine was built there. My Reelbox is version 2 , the video is showing version 3 but both are practically identical , barring software differences.

Comment

Stumbled on this post just now about removing Gnome from Ubuntu-desktop.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/49863...-desktop-14-04

Maybe it is a dependancy/package in Gnome which is confusing the os. Although , logic says that kde is built on Gnome - ( please correct me here if i`m wrong ) and shouldn`t be causing the dependancy errors.

Therefore, remove Gnome and enter kde . Would this work , this time i will definitely wait for some wisdom here. Don`t want to reinstall BM2LTS again.
                          Last edited by kdeuser; Feb 09, 2015, 09:58 AM.

Comment

if you had just installed kubuntu you could have installed your dvb stuff 100x over by now...
                            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
                              if you had just installed kubuntu you could have installed your dvb stuff 100x over by now...
                              Probably could on a normal install . I have installed Kubuntu in Reelbox , it works fine but i lose the dvb part of the htpc.

Last night installed a beta version of BM2LTS V2.48N RC5 as the guys at Reelbox4you suggested i do then `sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop`.

They were confident that would solve the issue but still no kde.

Comment

since they are using bastardized *buntu and mostly *buntu packages im sure the software to make your dvb work is availble on stock *buntu .
                                Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                                (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
                                X