This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pdf to text

I can usually copy text from a pdf file and paste it into Writer.

Sometimes I have a pdf file that has text as image. Is there a tool in the repository that I can download that will copy the text so that I can paste it into writer?

Thanks
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Ocr

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical...er_recognition

Ubuntu: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OCR

Comment

Thank you for the link.

I am trying out OCRFeeder at the moment, not sure if it is the best programme from the repository, but it does have a graphical interlace, I prefer graphical to the command line.

I note on conversion to text that there are spelling mistakes in the translation. I expect that this is common for these converters.

Best wishes

Comment

The dictionaries used or available will impact the translation I'd think.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you

The programme uses the OCR Tesseract engine, which I believe to be the best engine. It is the only option in my downloaded version.

The translation is set to English, I am not sure if this is English (UK) or English (USA). The company is based in Spain.

The mistakes in reading tend to occur after ' bullets (not always), and page splits (often containing irrelevant text, company logos or text at the split).

Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
          X