X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video problems

This recently started on my HP Pavillion Zv5000
    I am running 14.04 and using Light DM (could never get Nvidia drivers to work)
    When I reboot the right hand screen will be totally black, as though a 2 inch banner ran from top to bottom on the right hand side.

I started in recovery mode and it will boot with no black banner. Trouble is the icons, etc. are fuzzy and look bad.
    One time when I booted back into the normal boot, the black banner was not there. Now it is there and I can't get rid of it.

Windows XP looks fine, no black banner so it must be LightDM.

Any ideas??

Unfortunately, your login manager (lightdm) really has little to nothing to do with video drivers.

Have you looked in System Settings to verify that the screen resolution is correct? What is your specific GPU?

Comment

Yes it is at 1024 X 768 with an automatic refresh rate.

I just left Xp and booted into Kubuntu and there is no black banner on the right side....it looks correct.

Wonder if I should change the refresh rate from auto to 60?

GPU is GeForce4 440 Go 64m

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Unfortunately, your login manager (lightdm) really has little to nothing to do with video drivers.

Have you looked in System Settings to verify that the screen resolution is correct? What is your specific GPU?
      Last edited by urdrwho5; Jan 07, 2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X