This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinned tabs "stick" in one activity and not in another Firefox

well..............the effect disappeared......moderator please remove this thread.

dunno why.........but it was there.......and it went away.....

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jan 06, 2015, 01:32 AM.

OKKAAAYYYYYY

I FINALLY FIGURED THIS OUT...........

If one has FF "in another activity".......... that is SAVED

AND ALSO OPEN............

THE OPERATIVE TERM IS OPEN......................FF is RUNNING.......in ONE activity......

and one then "opens" a FF in another activity..........

I think.............THAT IS.....I THINK..........

PUUULEEZE SOMEBODY........correct me here.....

Opening FF in "activity" is.............the equivalent of "opening in a new tab".....

I AM OPEN TO COMMENT..........

woodopentocommentsmoke

Comment

There you go then - FF totally ignored an Activity being stopped even when they did work properly.

Some KDE programs worked OK - eg KMymoney & Okular - (I downloaded bank statement as pdf) and yes, Okular and KMy opened the relevant last files used. Shed a tear at state of my finances, updated things and stopped the activity. Checked - KMy and Ok processes were gone.

DigiKam totally ignored an activity stopping as did FF, yet I believe Digi to be first and foremost a KDE program.
      Now, none of them stop which rather spoils the party.

I've thought about using multiple desktops with a program on each, icon-only task manager to make it easy to move around, and option System Settings 'save/restore last session' to restore everything on start-up. I've thought about it but it would be a big ask on start-up to do all that - so the Activity way seems much better if only it worked.

That said, I've never used the save/restore option - maybe that is no better|

Comment

hmmmm save/restore.............

YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!

woodsmoke

Comment

Steady there lad - Steve Riley is brilliant in my book - his threads have saved me on many occasions.

Be interesting to see how well save/restore works.

Comment

Awww *blush*

Comment

Working...
            X