This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backup new dual boot install???

I have a dual boot system with kubuntu 6.06.1 and windoze xp using grub. If everything continues to work smoothly I would like to backup the hard drive image so I can restore if problems occur.

Is there a good backup/restore utility for kubuntu that a newbie can understand?

thanks

- Rex

Re: backup new dual boot install

As usual with Linux, there are lots of good backup programs. Personally, I don't make disk images, because most of the time I use a backup when I make a stupid mistake like deleting a file I still need. Restoring the whole disk back to the way it was the last time I did a backup, would be an even stupider mistake. So I use a program called KDAR that is both very powerful and not too hard to use. Kdar allows me to restore single files, and to make small "differential" backups of only files that have changed since the last time I did a full backup. You can install kdar with apt-get, aptitude, synaptic, or even adept.

Comment

Re: backup new dual boot install

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/partimage.html
      Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Working...
      X