This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sound in Headphones on New Install

Thanks for your time. I have no sound in my headphones and have tried: Taskbar > Mixer > Unmute "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo" Taskbar > Right Click Mixer > Select Master Channel "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo" There is another connection in this system for HDMI, but I do not want to use it right now. I just want my headphones to work. How can I make my headphones work?

system settings -> multimedia -> audio hardware setup

change the connector for the card.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Done. No change though. Any other ideas?
      Last edited by Snowhog; Dec 11, 2014, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
        Any other ideas?
        When you have the media file playing do the following.
        1) Left click the little sound icon in the taskbar and locate your media player icon.
        2) Right click on the little media player icon (from your player you are using) and you will get a menu.
        3) Now left click on the menu item "move" and select what sound device you want to play the sound.

Did it help?

Comment

no just be sure you are have the correct device then change the output connector to headphones. you can test there in that kcm by pressing the buttons for the channels provided by that connector and configuration.

what options are you seeing under connector? for my built in audio in its default config its has speakers and headphone options
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

GO ME! I put my plug in the wrong hole. Gj with Kubuntu works fine. EDIT: If someone reads this, make sure your front-side audio is not in the speaker plug section. They match pins (even the hole) but front-side audio does not handle internal speaker (you may, like me, not even have an internal speaker).

Comment

Working...
            X