Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move send-attach.desktop into your KDE services folder. This is usually located in ~/

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move send-attach.desktop into your KDE services folder. This is usually located in ~/

I have been trying to take advice in a post and am getting very confused how to access Root Actions Servicemenu in Dolphin. After installing the Root Actions Servicemenu, and before I left that download page, I ran across a Kmail attachment feature that sounded good. It instructed the below, but I am not knowledgeable here and do not know where to find the "send-attach.desktop" to put it into the KDE services folder. If this is a command line action, I don't know how to do that. Thanks if you are willing to help me. Any further help in understanding how to find and use the Root Actions Servicemenu, now that it is installed, would be appreciated.

The instruction for installing the Kmail feature is as follows:

"Move send-attach.desktop into your KDE services folder. This is usually located in ~/.kde/share/kde4/services." Thanks!

When you open the Dolphin Services dialog window and click on the "Download New Services", it opens to another dialog which you can peruse to find the "send-attached.desktop" option. If you click the "Install" button it complains that the file is actually a link to an HTML page and asks if you want to go there. Ignore all that stuff. Here is the link you will be directed to:
    https://github.com/indymike/Simple-S...ent-with-Kmail

The third file in Indymike's list is the one you want. Right mouse on it and select "Save link as". The default location will be the "Downloads" folder using the same name as the link, which is what you want. You could navigate directly to ~/.kde/share/kde4/services and save it there but some folks find navigating hidden files is tricky. If you don't navigate to the desired folder then use Dolphin to copy it and then navigate to ~/.kde/share/kde4/services and save it there. Then close Dolphin and reopen it. Navigate to a file you want to email to someone and right click on it. A context menu appears and on it is the "Action" option. Hoover over it and another context menu opens. On that menu is "Send as an Email Attachment". Left click on it and your default email app should open with the file placed as an attachment in the body. Add a subject line and select someone to send it to.
    My default email is KMail and this action works perfectly.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Before I die, I want just once to be able to follow instructions to a satisfactory conclusion without bugging you patient guys so much. If I didn't love this stuff so much, I would give up and go home, but unfortunately for you, I just LOVE IT.

Thanks, my kind and patient friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
        Before I die, I want just once to be able to follow instructions to a satisfactory conclusion without bugging you patient guys so much. If I didn't love this stuff so much, I would give up and go home, but unfortunately for you, I just LOVE IT.

Thanks, my kind and patient friend.
        OK, that is the best thing I've read on the internet this year. Nothing carries as much value as self-realization. I, for one, can't help but loving it!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          OK, that is the best thing I've read on the internet this year. Nothing carries as much value as self-realization. I, for one, can't help but loving it!
          Exactly! And that's what we are here for ... giving back to the community for all the freely offered help we've received in times past.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X