This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lost shutdown, restart buttons, please help :[

I have shutdown power and restart buttons and now my kubuntu complains about KDE Plasma Power Management
    Code:
    rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ ps -ef | grep -i udisk
    rafal     6202  1502  0 22:45 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor
    rafal     6273  2786  0 22:46 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i udisk
    Yes I found this thread, but it is not helping me.
    Last edited by bonkers; Nov 29, 2014, 03:49 PM.

What's the output of
    Code:
    dpkg -l | grep udisk

Comment

Code:
      rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ dpkg -l | grep udisk
      ii  gir1.2-udisks-2.0                           2.1.3-1                                               amd64        GObject based library to access udisks2 - introspection data
      ii  libudisks2-0:amd64                          2.1.3-1                                               amd64        GObject based library to access udisks2
      ii  udisks2                                     2.1.3-1                                               amd64        D-BUS service to access and manipulate storage devices

Comment

I got these updates today:
        Code:
        Upgraded the following packages:
        kubuntu-settings-desktop (1:14.04ubuntu15) to 1:14.04ubuntu15.1
        linux-libc-dev (3.13.0-40.69) to 3.13.0-41.70
        plymouth-theme-kubuntu-logo (1:14.04ubuntu15) to 1:14.04ubuntu15.1
        plymouth-theme-kubuntu-text (1:14.04ubuntu15) to 1:14.04ubuntu15.1
        fonts-opensymbol (2:102.6+LibO4.3.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~trusty1) to 2:102.6+LibO4.3.4-0ubuntu1~trusty1
        libdbus-1-3 (1.6.18-0ubuntu4.2) to 1.6.18-0ubuntu4.3
        libflac++6 (1.3.0-2) to 1.3.0-2ubuntu0.14.04.1
        libflac8 (1.3.0-2) to 1.3.0-2ubuntu0.14.04.1
        libksba8 (1.3.0-3) to 1.3.0-3ubuntu0.14.04.1
        libreoffice-base-core (1:4.3.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~trusty1) to 1:4.3.4-0ubuntu1~trusty1
        libreoffice-common (1:4.3.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~trusty1) to 1:4.3.4-0ubuntu1~trusty1
        libreoffice-core (1:4.3.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~trusty1) to 1:4.3.4-0ubuntu1~trusty1
        libreoffice-style-oxygen (1:4.3.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~trusty1) to 1:4.3.4-0ubuntu1~trusty1
        libreoffice-writer (1:4.3.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~trusty1) to 1:4.3.4-0ubuntu1~trusty1
        python3-uno (1:4.3.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~trusty1) to 1:4.3.4-0ubuntu1~trusty1
        uno-libs3 (4.3.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~trusty1) to 4.3.4-0ubuntu1~trusty1
        ure (4.3.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~trusty1) to 4.3.4-0ubuntu1~trusty1

Comment

Not even logging out, then shutdown on the lower right helps. They are greyed out. Not the ones on top, the ones on bottom where you can click one by one. I guess I can unlock and add one by one by location, but still. Strange behavior.
          Last edited by bonkers; Nov 29, 2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

It gets worse, in dolphin, none of my hard drives are listed on the left side as usual, I tried using view, nothing. I can access them manually via the dolphin url bar, what is going on here. Also, the current
            linux-libc-dev is 3.13.0-40.69, where did my .70 come from, shows no source in the list. How can I force a rollback to 69 if I have the .deb package manually?linux-libc-dev_3.13.0-40.69

linux-libc-dev (3.13.0-40.69) to 3.13.0-41.70 , I downgraded, lets see if this helps.
            Last edited by bonkers; Nov 29, 2014, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Nothing, I still have no way to get shutdown button back and when I "shutdown now" it complains about a environment variable xdg_runtime_dir is not set , please run nvidia-settings, but there is nothing wrong with nvidia, I can't keep turning off the computer with my main power button like this guys I need your help.

Comment

Originally posted by bonkers View Post
                It gets worse, in dolphin, none of my hard drives are listed on the left side as usual, I tried using view, nothing. I can access them manually via the dolphin url bar, what is going on here.
                the problem is ,,,,,,,,,as I stated in one of your other threads ,,,,,,,,,is YOU .

you are mucking things up by trying to do to mutch that you do not understand to fast .

as to the logout problem try this ..............

log out ,,,,,,, or reboot if you can not log out .

at the login screen press ctrl+alt+F6 ,,,,,,you get a TTY (a terminal login) type your user name and press enter ,,,,,,,type your password (you will not see it) and press enter.

now type
                Code:
                mv .kde .kde.old
                press enter ,,,,,,,,,, type
                Code:
                exit
                press enter

now press ctrl+alt+F7 and you will be back at the login screen ,,,,,,login ,,,,,,,see how meny or if any of your problems are better.

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Code:
                  rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ dpkg -l | grep udisk
                  ii  udisks2  2.1.3-1  amd64  D-BUS service to access and manipulate storage devices
                  Well, your udisks2 package is installed, but for some reason the daemon isn't running. Given the quite unusual state of your machine at this point, I have no suggestions to make.

It gets worse, in dolphin, none of my hard drives are listed on the left side as usual, I tried using view, nothing. I can access them manually via the dolphin url bar, what is going on here.
                  Also, the current linux-libc-dev is 3.13.0-40.69, where did my .70 come from, shows no source in the list. How can I force a rollback to 69 if I have the .deb package manually?linux-libc-dev_3.13.0-40.69... I downgraded, lets see if this helps.
                  Sounds like you've disabled the Places panel.

Not sure about the unusual version of that package. Perhaps you got it from some PPA enabled on your system? But downgrading that won't do anything to fix the multitude of problems you're having. Do you even know what a -dev package is for?

It's fairly obvious that you're choosing to ignore the advice I and others have given you here. You're making assumptions about things of which you have no basic understanding. And you're running the risk of losing the interest of others here to continue to help you.

Comment

Thank you vinny, I tried this already, did not work

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                      I have no suggestions to make.
                      Reinstall, formatting your /home partition.

Leave the default installed system "as is" and stop mucking around in things you do not yet understand.

Not trying to come accross as harsh, but SteveRiley is correct when he said:
                      It's fairly obvious that you're choosing to ignore the advice I and others have given you here. You're making assumptions about things of which you have no basic understanding. And you're running the risk of losing the interest of others here to continue to help you.
                      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                      X