X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant screen dimming

Hi guys and gals, me again!

So I'm super happy with my kubuntu 14.04 installation now and have ironed out most of the issues I had so that I don't really feel a need to boot into windows at all now

My one problem at the moment is my screen keeps dimming after a short period of time. Not an issue when browsing but if I want to watch something then I have to keep moving the mouse every couple of mins so the screen goes back to 100% brightness.

Is there a setting somewhere that will solve this?

Thanks, Matt

Have a look in System Settings, Hardware, Power Management. Energy Saving Settings, Dim Display. Either increase the time before it dims or disable it altogether.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Hello Matt, Rod J provided the answer. What I did on my laptop was to change the time for Dim Screen after, to 100 minutes since I use my laptop to watch movies quite often.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go after work

Comment

Sorted. Thanks Rod

Comment

Working...
          X