This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest iso's

I downloaded two isos and I'm confused by the naming conventions of them but I could find no other isos.

kubuntu-14.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso Why is there no intel 64-bit choice like usual or is this work for both. Is this iso LTS?

kubuntu-plasma5-14.10-beta1-desktop-amd64.iso (same question)

i-386 is 32-bit right? I need 64 bit

The site made it look like only 32-bit is LTS

Also is 14.1 the same as Plasma 5. Is this the same a tech preview?

Can one just install 14.1/plasma5 to hard drive and have a usable even if unstable os?

I also can't find any 13.1* intel 64-bit download sources. It also appears the only LTS 14.04 is 32-bit. How could that be?
    Thanks

All *-amd64.iso files are for AMD or Intel 64-bit systems. 14.04 is an LTS release.

Did you go to Kubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (Trusty Tahr) ?
    Select an image

Kubuntu is distributed on two types of images described below.

Desktop image

The desktop image allows you to try Kubuntu without changing your computer at all, and at your option to install it permanently later. This type of image is what most people will want to use. You will need at least 384MiB of RAM to install from this image.

There are two images available, each for a different type of computer:

PC (Intel x86) desktop image
    For almost all PCs. This includes most machines with Intel/AMD/etc type processors and almost all computers that run Microsoft Windows, as well as newer Apple Macintosh systems based on Intel processors. Choose this if you are at all unsure.

64-bit PC (AMD64) desktop image Choose this to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2). If you have a non-64-bit processor made by AMD, or if you need full support for 32-bit code, use the Intel x86 images instead.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The name amd64 or i386 are relics of a time gone by. They refer to specific CPUs that introduced a set of instructions, but now apply to generic 32 and 64 bit architectures.

Comment

Working...
      X