X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot install SketchUpMake-en.exe v8 with wine

Linux - Ubuntu 14.04 trusty, (64-bit), 3.13.0-24-generic,
    4 x AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 Processor, Memory 8.0 GiB
    Audio: Card-1: NVIDIA GF116 High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: ALSA ver: k3.12.0-7-generic Logitech driver: USB Audio

Installed wine v 1.7.26 and SketchUpMake-en.exe v8
    Followed recommended procedure:Procedure
    -Right-clicked SketchUpMake-en.exe
    -Clicked Open with Wine windows program loader
    -Sketchup Make begins extraction process
    -Sketchup Make 2014 (English) Setup – Selected Accept (Terms of pending License Agreement)
    -Attempts to install, then no further action.

Code:
    bumpy@bumpyputer:~$ winecfg
    p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Maybe this is the problem:

Code:
    bumpy@bumpyputer:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11$ sudo apt-get install gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so[sudo] password for bumpy: 
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so'
    This is beyond me! How can I fix this?

A link or the steps for this "recommended procedure" would help a LOT.

However, for starters, using apt-get is to install packages, and the names have to be specific. The command you used was to install a package called "gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so", which does not exist - it is the name of a library file that would be found inside a package. Googling for "gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so", the very first link is this one:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/127848/wine-cant-find-gnome-keyring-pkcs11-so
    Granted this is for 12.04, however the second answer given seems to be the package you need to install to get the desired library file.

You need to install the 32 bit version of the package
    libp11-kit-gnome-keyring:i386
    sudo apt-get install libp11-kit-gnome-keyring:i386

My question why wine stuff needs anything related to gnome's keyring - which is what Ubuntu/Gnome use for storing passwords. How would a WIndows program use that? Hence my asking for the so-called "recommended procedure".

Comment

OK it seams to work

go to ,,,,Kickoff>applications>wine>wine tricks

we will reference this screen shot a few times ,,,,,so we will call it "shot1"

click the button "install an app" and then click OK.

scroll down to "SketchUp" and click the check box next to it then click OK

it will install ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the first time I ran it it would not load ,,,,,,with a openGL error .

googled it ,,,,found this https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=21290

open wine tricks agan ,,,,,,,as in "shot1" click "select sketchup sketchup 8" and click ok

in this screen chose "run regedit" and click OK

navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\SketchUp8\GLConf ig\Display
      • Double click on "HW_OK" and change the 'Value data' from 0 to 1. .........

Keep clicking cancel to get out of wine tricks and open SketchUp (kickoff>applications>wine>programs>SketchUp 8>SketchUp

seams to work

looks cool

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Fantastic!! BUT My problem is I can't get past "go to ,,,,Kickoff>applications>wine>wine tricks"
        Kickoff>applications>wine>wine tricks doesn't get me anywhere!!!

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          ... My question why wine stuff needs anything related to gnome's keyring - which is what Ubuntu/Gnome use for storing passwords. How would a WIndows program use that? Hence my asking for the so-called "recommended procedure".
          Perhaps the program is infected and it is the malware accessing the keyring in order to get the passwords? Just a thought. Like you, I see no reason for the program to access the keyring.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpalot View Post
            Fantastic!! BUT My problem is I can't get past "go to ,,,,Kickoff>applications>wine>wine tricks"
            Kickoff>applications>wine>wine tricks doesn't get me anywhere!!!
            you are not being descriptive enough ,,,,,,, what did you try?,,,,,,what happend? do you even have "wine tricks"?

more info .................

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

I have uninstalled every program related to Wine using Muon. Ran apt-get update.
              Now installed the following:
              winetricks
              wine1.6-i386
              wine1.6-amd64 Microsoft Compatibility Layer 64-bit
              wine1.6 Microsoft Compatibility Layer
              wine-silverlight5.0-installer
              wine-mono0.0.8 Microsoft Windows compatibility Layer
              wine-gecko2.21 (i386) Microsoft Windows compatibility Layer
              wine-gecko2.21
              wine compholio-i386
              wine compholio-amd64
              wine compholio
              wine-browser-installer
              wine Microsoft Windows compatibility Layer
              Ran apt-get update
              Code:
              wine client error:0: version mismatch 457/447.
              Your wine binary was not upgraded correctly,
              or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
              Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
              bumpy@bumpyputer:~$
              Result of Kcikoff:>applications>wine>wine tricks
              X Popup: Error- Run Command Interface
              Unable to run the command specified. The file or folder file:///home/bumpy/Documents/KDE&Kubuntu_INFO/Kubuntuguides_PDF 13.10/KubuntuguideSaucy_Pt1.pdf does not exist.

Now what??
              Just so you understand, I am an 80 year young kubuntu fanatic, doing the best I can, leaning relying on you guys to help me out. Your help is very much appreciated!
              Last edited by Bumpalot; Sep 21, 2014, 05:58 AM. Reason: To add more info

Comment

Added more info because unable to add code in previous:
                Code:
                bumpy@bumpyputer:~$ sudo apt-get autoremove attr fonts-horai-umefont libgif4:i386 libglib2.0-0:i386
                  libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0:i386 libgstreamer0.10-0:i386 libhdb9-heimdal
                  libkdc2-heimdal liborc-0.4-0:i386 ocl-icd-libopencl1:i386
                  p11-kit-modules:i386 p7zip python-dnspython samba samba-dsdb-modules
                  samba-vfs-modules tdb-tools winbind wine-gecko2.21 wine-gecko2.21:i386
                  wine-mono0.0.8 wine1.6 wine1.6-amd64 wine1.6-i386:i386 winetricks
                0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 25 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                After this operation, 448 MB disk space will be freed.
                Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
                Abort.
                Why is it aborting?

Comment

I have uninstalled every program related to Wine using Muon. Ran apt-get update.
                  Now installed the following:
                  winetricks
                  wine1.6-i386
                  wine1.6-amd64 Microsoft Compatibility Layer 64-bit
                  wine1.6 Microsoft Compatibility Layer
                  wine-silverlight5.0-installer
                  wine-mono0.0.8 Microsoft Windows compatibility Layer
                  wine-gecko2.21 (i386) Microsoft Windows compatibility Layer
                  wine-gecko2.21
                  wine compholio-i386
                  wine compholio-amd64
                  wine compholio
                  wine-browser-installer
                  wine Microsoft Windows compatibility Layer
                  Ran apt-get update
                  Code:
                  wine client error:0: version mismatch 457/447.
                  Your wine binary was not upgraded correctly,
                  or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
                  Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
                  bumpy@bumpyputer:~$
                  Unable to run the command specified. The file or folder file:///home/bumpy/Documents/KDE&Kubuntu_INFO/Kubuntuguides_PDF 13.10/KubuntuguideSaucy_Pt1.pdf does not exist.

Now what??
                  Just so you understand, I am an 80 year young kubuntu fanatic, doing the best I can, leaning relying on you guys to help me out. Your help is very much appreciated!
                  this is what I have installed

Code:
                  ii  wine-gecko2.21:amd64                                        2.21-0ubuntu1                                       amd64        Microsoft Windows compatibility layer (embedded web browser)
                  ii  wine-gecko2.21:i386                                         2.21-0ubuntu1                                       i386         Microsoft Windows compatibility layer (embedded web browser)
                  ii  wine-mono0.0.8                                              0.0.8-0ubuntu1                                      all          Microsoft Windows compatibility layer (.NET compatibility)
                  ii  wine1.6                                                     1:1.6.2-0ubuntu4                                    amd64        Microsoft Windows Compatibility Layer (Binary Emulator and Library)
                  ii  wine1.6-amd64                                               1:1.6.2-0ubuntu4                                    amd64        Microsoft Windows Compatibility Layer (64-bit support)
                  ii  wine1.6-i386                                                1:1.6.2-0ubuntu4                                    i386         Microsoft Windows Compatibility Layer (32-bit support)
                  ii  winetricks                                                  0.0+20140302-0ubuntu2                               all          Microsoft Windows Compatibility Layer (winetricks)
                  the "compholio" and "silverlight" and "browser-installer" parts you posted are from a PPA for netflix-desktop ,,,,maby conflicting .

I get no error runing "winecfg" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and have no Idea why trying to run "wine tricks" is giving you a error on not loading a help guide.........your on 13.10??

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

Linux - Ubuntu 14.04 trusty, (64-bit), 3.13.0-24-generic,
                    4 x AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 Processor, Memory 8.0 GiB
                    Audio: Card-1: NVIDIA GF116 High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: ALSA ver: k3.12.0-7-generic Logitech driver: USB Audio

Definitely Linux - Ubuntu 14.04 trusty, (64-bit), 3.13.0-24-generic
                    But I suspect my system is corrupt! AltF2 opens Kickoff but does not work.
                    Menu list shows (everything set to OFF - will not allow me to change anything!
                    Forget Sketchup/Wine for now.
                    I would like to uninstall everything & reinstall kubuntu 14.04 - Please advise the commands to do this.
                    Your help is greatly appreciated. Am currently devestated - but, with your help, determined to master this
                    Look forward to your reply.
                    Last edited by Bumpalot; Sep 22, 2014, 06:54 AM. Reason: add more info

Comment

this error is why I asked if you were running 13.10

if you open the menu editor what do you see for the "command" for wine tricks ........hear is mine

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                      X