X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

once in a while a rectangle in the middle of the screen for 1 second

Hi

I have Kubuntu 14.04 with KDE 4.13.3, Grub 0.97-29ubuntu66 and Windows 7 is also installed.
    This is a laptop Aspire 5750G 64 bits from ACER with GPU
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    There is a RAM of 8GB and one HD

Once in a while, I have a rectangle which appears in the middle of the screen for one second and which shows for instance 40%, 70%, 60%, 90% or whatever percent. Please, what is this? :-)
    How could I get rid of it?

PS: I put system as prefix but I'm not sure if this comes from the system.

were you on battery power at the time ??

if yes ,,,,it was probably the screen brightness dropping down due to input(keyboard,mouse/trackpad) inactivity .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks vinnywright, but my computer is always pluged.

Comment

I've just put a new thread up with the same question. This little window isn't an issue, I'm just curious and I'm also wondering if it's possible to prevent the window from appearing.

I think Vinny might have the answer in my case, however, is there a way to prevent it from appearing?

Comment

Try System Settings > Power Management > On AC Power and uncheck Screen Brightness.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X