X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver Manager is empty

Hello,
    Just installed kubuntu 14.04. Going to Driver manager, I get an empty window. I found another post about this and the suggestion was to fiddle with some of the graphics effects. I tried changing a few things but it seems to be a bit of a needle in the haystack issue.

FWIW, my graphics are Intel Mobile GM965/LG960 integrated
    KDE 4.13.2
    intel x86_64 (installed 64bit version of kubuntu)

thanks

you wont find any additional drivers if there are none that your system needs .

are you having a problem you think is a driver issue?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by shmish View Post
      Hello,
      Just installed kubuntu 14.04. Going to Driver manager, I get an empty window. I found another post about this and the suggestion was to fiddle with some of the graphics effects. I tried changing a few things but it seems to be a bit of a needle in the haystack issue.

FWIW, my graphics are Intel Mobile GM965/LG960 integrated
      KDE 4.13.2
      intel x86_64 (installed 64bit version of kubuntu)

thanks
      Yup, there are no closed-source drivers for Intel graphics in Linux, they only make the free ones, open source kind

Comment

I was just looking for info on wireless adaptor in case mine wasn't installed. I was surprised that device manager was empty. But know I'm thinking that that's just the way it is supposed to be!

Comment

The "Driver Manager" is misleading I think... its only for video drivers isn't it?
          Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

No, as some wifi modules still are available there as well, though overall most people it does mean video these days.

Comment

Good to know. I don't recall seeing anything but video. Thanks for clarifying.
              Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

I recall a closed wireless driver discussed here.
                Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
                X