Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I download Coolpix L11 and iPhone 4s images to Kubuntu 14.04 LTS?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I download Coolpix L11 and iPhone 4s images to Kubuntu 14.04 LTS?

All the googled info is very confusing.

I have Kubuntu 14.04 64 bit. I also have a Nikon Coolpix L11 camera and an iPhone 4s. What application will allow me to import images from these two cameras? Thanks!

Have you tried plugging them in to see what happens? Silly question, I know, you must have tried that ... so what happened?

I should imagine Gwenview would offer to import the photos. Or, you could take out the SSD cards and read them directly in a card reader (generally a more successful but fiddly process). I either use Gwenview or digiKam to import stuff both of which work with my Samsung camera and my old Huawei Ideos phone.

Did you have them working before (in your previous install)?
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

My girlfriends iPhone 5s can simply be plugged in to Kubuntu and I can take photos off of it. Not sure about the camera, but take Rod Js advice and try plugging it in to see what happens.

Comment

I found the solution to this problem. If you experience the same problem, here is the solution:

You must first [UNLOCK] your iPhone before plugging in the USB connection. Now your download or import can take place because your phone has become active.

I read that Gwenview will not work with cell phones. Nonetheless, when I unlocked then attached the USB cable from my iPhone to my computer, there was an immediate transfer of all my photographs. It took about a second. The same process on Windows 7 took several seconds.

My computer is quite fast, so maybe it won't work that way for you, Just know that Gwenview works great and the download will be as fast as your computer is able.

Shab

Comment

Working...
        X