Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do they mean, the row of Kubuntu icons in left margin of Forum posts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do they mean, the row of Kubuntu icons in left margin of Forum posts?

I am not running Kubuntu. I ran Kubuntu some years ago. Returned to Forum to pay back some goodness offered to me in these forums when I ran Kubuntu some years ago.
    However, presuming you still want to know my distro: Debian 7.6.
    I dual-boot with Windows 7.
    I use Gnome Desktop Environment.I do not know what version of Grub I use. Based on the output from my attempt to use Snowhog's command for this information request (that output was nothing), it appears that the command is not relevant for Debian, although Ubuntu is Debian-based.
    My PC is a desktop.
    My CPU is Intel 64 bit, and my OS is 64 bit.
    My graphics controller is Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09).
    Four GB RAM installed.
    HDs: 1 HDD (that's all the requested info that I know about that).
    Optical: 1 DVD+/-R-
    RW.

Moving forward, my question is: what is the meaning of the row of Kubuntu icons in the left hand margin of every Kubuntu Forum post?

Hehe. They are just 'tokens' earned based on reaching posting milestones. Nothing more.

That you are using Debian doesn't mean you are less welcome here. All who choose to join us are welcome.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by theAdmiral71 View Post
      I am not running Kubuntu. I ran Kubuntu some years ago. Returned to Forum to pay back some goodness offered to me in these forums when I ran Kubuntu some years ago.
      Thank you for the kind words. It's nice to know that we left a favourable impression.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Snowhog. As I vaguely mentioned, I have an altruistic project ongoing to pay back some goodness to the community (Kubuntu) that helped me get off to such a great start in the Linux community in general. It was some years ago, so my memory of exactly which distro I started with is a little unclear. However, as best as I can remember, my first distro that I gave noticeable effort to learning was Kubuntu.

By clearing up the meaning of the icon tokens in the left margin, you have helped me to get a better understanding of exactly how I should approach my efforts. In the end, the Community will be better served by the fact that you clearly answered my question.

Again, my genuine thanks...

theAdmiral71

Comment

You are genuinely welcome.

Our Forum is, as many who find there way here find, quite different that most other forums on the Internet. We want to be a place that our members feel good about belonging to. We do our very best to be friendly and encouraging. We have few rules, and allow topics and discussions that on other forums would get the member censured or outright banned. We do have limits of course, but they are rather broad.

Comment

Working...
          X