This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not critical but annoying as heck

I have two monitors. Main is front of me, secondary to my left. Seems most programs want to open on the seconday and I have to drag them to the main. I can't find any place to modify this behavior. Ideal would be for all to start on main monitor unless specified otherwise. Does anyone know of a setting that I can change, or a program to help me change it? Running KDE4. lubuntu, xubuntu, unity, gnome-shell, and mate available, but I prefer kde

I've had that issue. What I've done to help is go to System Settings --> Display and Monitor. There you should see a representation of your screens. On the Main, make sure the "Star" is active. That sets it as the primary output screen.

Comment

Moonrise's response worked for me. The star is located under each monitor. Just select the star under the monitor you prefer as default and it will become the monitor things open. I did not even notice the star until it was mentioned. I understand that it is annoying, bothered me too, more than I would like to admit. Codos!

Comment

The star was on the main monitor. Unmarked, applied, then marked and applied. Hope it works

Comment

I have this issue, tried to set the star but it seems to still have no 100% effect... I still get random windows opening on the 2nd monitor.
          Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Working...
          X