X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homerun Kicker

I am tryng out some of the launchers.

I have noticed in Homerun Kicker that under Internet I have three links to the Firefox browser.

I have four desktops, three have references to FF. Could this be the reason?

I expected one link in Homerun Kicker because I have one FF browser installed.

Advice please.

Thanks
    Last edited by anonprivate; Sep 05, 2014, 04:53 AM.
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Menu entries in most if not all menus for desktops are stored in files named after that application such as for Firefox it would be called firefox.desktop (I think). If you have installed several desktops like you have each with their own menu system then you will have duplicate files for each menu entry. When you then install a new menu such as homerun it will then scan your system for all these types of files package_name.destop and create an entry in that menu. This is why you have three items for Firefox in the kicker menu.

You can get round this issue by editing the menu in KDE to only display KDE apps.

Comment

Thank you for responding.

I have looked at Edit Applications in two of the launchers: Kicker and Lancelot.

I note the box 'Only Show in KDE' and checked it for all three browser entries.

On closing and restarting the launchers, I noted that the three references remained.

I could delete two of them, but I am not sure what effect this might have.

I do want a reference to the bowser in the launcher.

Best wishes.

A

Comment

I think I remember reading that you made firefox launchers for your desk tops that open a specific URL(page) ,,, when you do this it will add a menu entry to your launchers .

you may delete the menu entry’s for the launchers you created .

wile you are in the "edit applications" menu editor look for the one that has "firefox %u" as the "command" entry ,,,, that is the one to keep for a default firefox entry.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          I think I remember reading that you made firefox launchers for your desk tops that open a specific URL(page) ,,, when you do this it will add a menu entry to your launchers .

you may delete the menu entry’s for the launchers you created .

wile you are in the "edit applications" menu editor look for the one that has "firefox %u" as the "command" entry ,,,, that is the one to keep for a default firefox entry.

VINNY
          Hello,

I have had a look at the three entries in Lancelot and all three have %u in the command line!

Comment

Originally posted by anonprivate View Post
            Hello,

I have had a look at the three entries in Lancelot and all three have %u in the command line!
            ? just %u ? or firefox%u followed by the URL ??

anyway delete 2 of them ,,,,,,,,peferably keeping the one(or one of them) with just "firefox%u" as the command.

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X