Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble installing Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5/Rx: Windows7/Kubuntu14.04

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble installing Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5/Rx: Windows7/Kubuntu14.04

I have only 2.1 speakers at this time, 7.1 on the way, however when installing drivers in the Windows 7 OS, there was a place to tick 2.1 speakers, so I expected the 2.1's to work while waiting for the new speakers to arrive. The speakers are on and the volume is set highest on the speakers. I disabled the Realtec drivers that are a part of the motherboard, a Sabertooth 990FX.

I have uninstalled all audio software that the system would allow me to remove, as per the Sound Blaster instruction. When I attempt to install using Wine, I am stopped becuase of unrecognized files. I just returned to the installation, but this time the installation DVD doesn't even show the included packages. I was going there to get an exact wording of the error message, but my computer doesn't read the DVD this time. I selected SB and it opens to a blank page.

After installing the sound card in my computer and opening the Kubuntu OS, I expected new driver installations to take place as seems usual with Kubuntu. Have you had and resolved this problem? Thanks!
Working...
X