This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobiz View Post
    Ok solved it! Just a few more key presses. The cube is impressive, not so sure it's too functional but it is fun.
    yes just a fun way to switch desktops ,,,,,ctrl+F11 to get the cube>arrow key to rotate>enter to the desktop,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,not as fast as ctrl+F3 to get desktop 3 ctrl+F1 to get desktop 1 bla bla

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

The advantage of a cube animation for or during changing between desktops is in the eye of the beholder.
      Strictly speaking there is no advantage, in a more liberal way you could say it causes awareness.

Yes the cube can be sized as a percentage of the screen resolution.

About the hover above cube mode, a couple of years ago I showed this to my GF who is absolutely horrible with computers and for the first time she realised how you can switch between several active applications without first shutting down the one presently in focus.

As a matter of fact, you can use applications on the cube, just check it out with a video running, it will continue playing while the orientation of the cube changes.
      Otherwise, please explain what you had been hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
        "Windows hover above cube" means that if you have a window open, say Dolphin, it appears to hover just above the the side of the cube instead of being part of it. This is best demonstrated if you turn your cube into a tube or sphere.

Yes, I see it (in the cube). Can't activate the others
        kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
          The advantage of a cube animation for or during changing between desktops is in the eye of the beholder.
          Strictly speaking there is no advantage, in a more liberal way you could say it causes awareness.

Yes the cube can be sized as a percentage of the screen resolution.

About the hover above cube mode, a couple of years ago I showed this to my GF who is absolutely horrible with computers and for the first time she realised how you can switch between several active applications without first shutting down the one presently in focus.

As a matter of fact, you can use applications on the cube, just check it out with a video running, it will continue playing while the orientation of the cube changes.
          Otherwise, please explain what you had been hoping for.
          I don't know if this post is meant for me.

I now understand the hover, but I didn't understand your paragraph relating to hover.

What I hoped for with the cube was functionality. For exaple, applications on the cube could be clicked and used. The cube as a desktop. This seems to me to offer an additional dimension to KUBUNTU that some might prefer to use. I wonder if the idea is original.

Best wishes.

A
          kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

Originally posted by anonprivate View Post
            What I hoped for with the cube was functionality. For exaple, applications on the cube could be clicked and used. The cube as a desktop. This seems to me to offer an additional dimension to KUBUNTU that some might prefer to use. I wonder if the idea is original.
            No, your idea is definitely not original--and I say that because I've responded to basically the exact same question on two DIFFERENT forums in the past week or two.
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
            X