This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive cdroms

Hi can anyone advise how to best play interactive cdroms. I don't know the various format of these type of educational cdroms. I believe there are audio and multimedia type ones. I have audio with wav files which play in vlc and I have a multimedia cdrom with .swf and start.exe files. I can't seem to find much info on the web. I have had success with adobe standalone flashplayer on 32bit system but can't get it to work on 64bit. On the 32bit system the cdrom does not mount automatically and I have to open it in dolphin and the open the .swf file with the downloaded flashplayer. On 64bit machine flashplayer does not work (because it is 32 bit I believe). However, I can open the start.exe file and swf file through wine which uses flashplayer 10.

All pretty fiddly and not easy for a beginner. I installed kubuntu on one of my daughters machines in her montessori school to see how she would get on and low and behold this was the first thing she tried. Well after all it is a school.

thanks

Finally got it to work but only on 32 bit machine see http://www.joshuagranick.com/blog/20...ayer-on-linux/

Comment

Working...
    X