Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to change the order of priority for my monitors?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to change the order of priority for my monitors?

I watch Netflix a lot. When I open the application, it opens on the wrong monitor, whether I am selecting it from that monitor or not. I have tried in System Settings to switch the position of the monitors so that the signal would be sent to the correct monitor, but when I have DVI-0 on the left side of DVI-1, to get the mouse to pass from one screen to the other, I have to move in the opposite direction to get the screen to move.

To hopefully make myself more clear, Netflix is on the right monitor and I want to drag it to the left monitor, I have to move the mouse off screen on the right side of the monitor instead of the left, and I have to think backwards to do that.

I cannot find any configuration ability in System Settings that would allow me to move DVI-0 to a position left of DVI-1, which I believe would solve my problem, and after the new installation of Kubuntu 14.04, The application Catalyst installs but does not work, so I can't make the configuration change using Catalyst. Is this something I should bring up with the team that is developing the Netflix application, or the Radeon (AMD) folks or KDE? Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; Aug 27, 2014, 03:45 PM.

you sbhoudl be able to set it with the open source driver using system settings click the Favorate icon (star by default) to mark the primary monitor.
    with catalist you should also be able to set monitor 1 but i have not used that driver in a while so i can't tell you where in the driver config dialog it is.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

That is just incredible. Next time I tried it it worked like you said. I can't believe I have never noticed that option before. I am curious though, While in my left screen, I clicked on my browser, and it opened in the right screen (I don't mean correct screen, I mean "right" screen), instead of the one I was working in. Do you know why? It is strange behavior to me. I guess I can live with it, but it just doesn't make sense. Or is there configuration somewhere in System Settings that suggests opening in a different screen? Thanks so much, this has been bugging me for a long time.

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      you sbhoudl be able to set it with the open source driver using system settings click the Favorate icon (star by default) to mark the primary monitor.
      with catalist you should also be able to set monitor 1 but i have not used that driver in a while so i can't tell you where in the driver config dialog it is.

Comment

Although the (Recommended) driver now installs and is in use, Catalyst Control Center will not open. It has worked great in the past and is intended for my Video Card, but although installation seems to be successful, when I attempt to open the application the warning bell rings and the app does not open.

Comment

check system settings -> window behavor -> window behavor ->advance-> placement. you can set where windows are opened releatave to your mouse or other settings. if you always want a window in a specific place try setting a window rule
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X