This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uefi?

I've just order a new HP Envy 15T Quad Edition Notebook. It comes with Windows 8 and I want to install Kubuntu but I want to keep Windows too. I've seen some comments about UEFI. How can I tell if my computer has UEFI? Do I need to do something different to install Kubuntu on the computer if it does have UEFI?

you will need to disable secure boot and possibly enable "legacy boot" look in your uefi/bios menu. (press f10 or f9 or f2 or delete while booting before the os loads to enter that menu)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Take a look arund here https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forumd...EFI-assistance I am sure you will find all the answers
      To understand true frustration, one must only go so far as to install Linux!!! and then came Kubuntu and the World is at peace again

Comment

Originally posted by ejazzkatt View Post
        I've just order a new HP Envy 15T Quad Edition Notebook. It comes with Windows 8 and I want to install Kubuntu but I want to keep Windows too. I've seen some comments about UEFI. How can I tell if my computer has UEFI? Do I need to do something different to install Kubuntu on the computer if it does have UEFI?
        Yes, you have UEFI. All modern hardware is built with this firmware. BIOS is dead.

To install Kubuntu, see my knowledge base article Dual-booting Kubuntu on a Windows machine. Please read the note in post #1 that guides you how to start when you're installing Kubuntu on a machine that already contains Windows.

Comment

Working...
        X