Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i remove Kolobok Gella pack openDesktop.org from my desktop default panel.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i remove Kolobok Gella pack openDesktop.org from my desktop default panel.

Another unwanted object on my desktop. Don't know how it got there, and don't want it. Does anyone know how to get it off my panel? Thanks? Every installation new unwanted junk without normal removal procedure.

Hi Shabakthanai

Is this in your newly installed 14.04 LTS?

Are you using an existing /home partition? It may be something in the existing settings that is causing this.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Yes it is. Perhaps, but it is the first time I have seen this problem. It persists like the unwanted power management problem from the other installation. And, of course, it is in my face all the time. It has been my experience that there is always something new going to happen that is different from any previous experience with each new installation of an operating system.

Thanks for the private message; I am getting rich with friends, more than any other time I can remember. It is really nice. I made a 100 x 100 photo, but there was only the talk of uploading it, I couldn't see a way to do it. It keeps me humble not knowing what I am sure is a very easy thing. Nonetheless, when we attach an image in a post, there is an upload button to press. Hoping your winter is mild, I close for now.

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
      Hi Shabakthanai

Is this in your newly installed 14.04 LTS?

Are you using an existing /home partition? It may be something in the existing settings that is causing this.

Comment

Actually it was an installation of K13.10, in response to your previous comment. I never placed the distribution upgrade command, only apt-get upgrade, so when it started to upgrade to 14.04, I was distracted by other matters at the time,, and I did not notice for a few minutes.

Things were going so smoothly, and it is an LTS not a Beta, so I let it finish. Most of my computing pleasure comes when I am working fixable problems on my computer, but not so when it is something new daily. Are you thinking I checked a box that I shouldn't have while configuring my system? Very probably, but I have gone through each item in System Settings and haven't found anything that seems promising yet.

At the moment I am having trouble remembering, however when I conducted a google search of the item, it came up that it may have had something to do with something I had been working on.

Comment

It's gone; it left of it's own accord. I didn't notice when it happened nor if their is a cure. I am going to close the post.

Comment

Working...
          X