Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup SMB printer on host dsktp that can be accessed via a windows dsktp \\host\prntr

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup SMB printer on host dsktp that can be accessed via a windows dsktp \\host\prntr

Hi Guys/Girls,

As in the section I am new to Kubuntu but it seems great, However I have ran into an issue with Printing.
    Can anyone help? I am trying to setup sharing of a local printer installed on the Kubuntu desktop DISTRIB_RELEASE 14.04
    whenever I try and share I am getting an error " Not Found - System settings" and "Failed to configure server settings" and in details I get "Not Found"

Cheers

Stu

Welcome to the wonderful world of Kubuntu Linux, Stu!

whenever I try and share I am getting an error " Not Found - System settings" and "Failed to configure server settings" and in details I get "Not Found"
    I'm not sure how you're doing that, but have you tried:

Settings | System Settings | Printers
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

I am going to alt F2 System Settings then Printers, then at the top left side I am clicking "system preferences" then "Share Printers connected to this system" and when I click it I am getting the error "Failed to configure server settings"

Cheers

Stu

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
      Welcome to the wonderful world of Kubuntu Linux, Stu!

I'm not sure how you're doing that, but have you tried:

Settings | System Settings | Printers

Comment

If you're trying to share a printer via Samba, make sure you have the samba server installed, running, and configured on the host PC (the one with the printer attached). If you're not using Windows, you don't need samba at all. Use cups.

Please Read Me

Comment

use a web broswer and goto http://localhost:631 to configure cups .
          if prompted to log in use the same usr/password you use to login to the computer.

the system settings panel is a simpler front end for cups localhost:631 is the full config for cups. you have have better luck using it.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X