This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound related issue.

After the most wonderful and successful installation of a distribution, Kubuntu 14.04, I found something that isn't perfect.

When playing Netflix, sound volume is very low and not clean and crisp. I opened system settings, and the Analog sound tested out great. Nice, crisp and clear sound. The digital sound however offered by my Radeon Video Card does not play at all.

Research on the Internet did not produce anything useful, so I wondered if you might be able to help. Currently all volume settings on the mixer are at the very top. I also have to play with the volume adjustment at the highest setting to hear sound adequately on a Netflix application. I tried several titles to make sure it wasn't a glitch in a single movie. Netflix played on the other half of my dual-boot, Win7, plays fine, so it must be a software problem in Kubuntu.

Search for sound problems in this forum produced nothing at all, thus I am leaning toward a glitch in the installation of sound related apps when the new install took place.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you tried opening a terminal session and playing with alsamixer - there maybe settings in there to help. just type alsamixer and follow your nose.
    To understand true frustration, one must only go so far as to install Linux!!! and then came Kubuntu and the World is at peace again

Comment

I did, but did not find anything. I did find something that works around the problem. It is an application that helps, Veromix. It doesn't correct the problem, but it allows you to go way above 100% on the sound adjustment. If the fix comes in an Update, it will probably blow my sox off when I first hear sounds afterwards, Hah!

Originally posted by zebedeeboss View Post
      Have you tried opening a terminal session and playing with alsamixer - there maybe settings in there to help. just type alsamixer and follow your nose.

Comment

Working...
      X