This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume dissapeared from task bar

Can anyone help with the volume control dissapearing from task bar?
    have not done anything out of ordinary, no apt updates, mostly running on battery with sleep/resume so only reboot now and then,
    havent installed any new programs, limited access to internet (and the vaio battled on through another 3 hour flight watching movies

and now the volume control is gone

some weird stuff, and when i press Print Screen K capture didnt come up

thanks in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot2.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	648717
    K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

In your System Tray Settings [the image you posted], did you go to Entries? My settings [as in your image] look like yours, i.e., no entry for volume control. I have to open Entries to see it. I have mine on Always Visible. Check yours, see how it's set, change it if necessary, and let us know what happens. If volume control *IS* already set to always be visible, try undoing that, save your changes, change it back, and see what happens.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

maby you accidentally shut it of ,,,,,,try going to kickoff>applications>multimedia>kmix and see if pops back in their.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Doyoukubuntu, yup. check all that first.. no trace of it..

vinny - somehow i must have closed it, kmix, following your suggestion fixes things!

thanks guys!!
        K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Comment

I had a low volume problem. It made it impossible to play and enjoy a movie. I found a workaround that may work as a temporary fix while solving the problem. There is an application called Veromix that has a volume control and allows you to exceed 100% on your sound. It works great and has a volume control. Muon has it.

Originally posted by millusions View Post
          Doyoukubuntu, yup. check all that first.. no trace of it..

vinny - somehow i must have closed it, kmix, following your suggestion fixes things!

thanks guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
            There is an application called Veromix that has a volume control and allows you to exceed 100% on your sound. It works great and has a volume control. Muon has it.
            Thanks for that info! I just installed Veromix.
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
              I had a low volume problem. It made it impossible to play and enjoy a movie. I found a workaround that may work as a temporary fix while solving the problem. There is an application called Veromix that has a volume control and allows you to exceed 100% on your sound. It works great and has a volume control. Muon has it.
              he closed kmix out ,,,,and he has it back up now ,,,,,,,,,,,,pulse audio volume control
              pavucontrol/trusty,now 2.0-2 amd64 [installed]
              PulseAudio Volume Control
              will let you push audio up past 100% as well.

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
              X