X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help! i cant run kubuntu in my pc

Hi linux mates, i have a problem:

When I run live cd in my pc, appears the following problem : KERNEL PANIC- not syncing: fatal exception in interrupt.

Thanks for your help, i need install it in my pc, but i cant do it

Bye friends

Edward
    help me
    0%
    help me
    0%

Re: help! i cant run kubuntu in my pc

I think I had this problem, too. I just kept rebooting until it kicked in (maybe once or twice).

john

Comment

I'm assuming that you have access to the net if your still posting. The first thing you should do is check the MD5 of you iso, and of your CD. If either is bad, re-download or re-burn. If you have to re-burn, do it at 4X, and check the checksum when you are done.

If it still fails to install, and you are positive that you want to install Kubuntu, download and burn the alternate install iso, which generally has fewer compatibility issues.

Josh

Comment

I am having a different issue while boot-up...
        After I choose "Start" option, I am just getting a blinking cursor on a black screen...
        Also I am getiing the same error when I doing a check CD...
        I am using a 1600MHz AMD System/256 MB Ram...are these confir enough or its some issue with the .ISO file I downloaded?
        Please help...

Comment

Silly question, but have you tried the 'Safe Graphics Mode' boot option? I couldn't get the live cd to start with the default for some reason, but the safe version worked a treat.

Comment

Working...
          X