Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An unexplainable panel has appeared on my Desktop, how do I remove it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An unexplainable panel has appeared on my Desktop, how do I remove it?

There is a panel that appeared magically. It is on the right border of my screen. It contains folder Icons that wave from the screen-edge when the cursor is placed over any of them. It looks like what I have see of the panel in Mac computers. When selected it appears like a wave. It appears like a widget, but cannot be removed like a widget. When I select any of the Icons, the application represented by the Icon, does NOT open. This happened once before and has no explanation; it left the screen unexplainably; I do not know what I was doing when it left. If you are familiar and know how to remove it, please advise. Thanks!

So you mean this panel shows icons of otherwise normal applications or are they links to hard disk folders?

Comment

dose it look like one of these http://netrunner-mag.com/the-quest-for-a-dock/ ?

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Applications, and they look most like the top entry, however the top entry appears to go into the distance and mine are flat 2 dimentional. Same rounded border and clear semi-transparent background, just not appearing to go into the distance. If you are aware of how a Mac computers panel moves like a wave when a cursor is placed on it. That is what happens to this panel. It cannot be moved any other place of the screen though. Also, nothing functions when selected, and, I don't remember anything in the configuration options that resembles it.

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        dose it look like one of these http://netrunner-mag.com/the-quest-for-a-dock/ ?

VINNY

Comment

if you right click somewhere on it do you get some options ,,,,,,,,,,or unlock widgets first then try to get some options out of it .
          maby a screen shot is in order .

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

No, in both cases. The only thing it does is do its little wave dance when you put a cursor on it, and cover something I need and use while it is there.

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
            if you right click somewhere on it do you get some options ,,,,,,,,,,or unlock widgets first then try to get some options out of it .
            maby a screen shot is in order .

VINNY

Comment

Boy, some crazy stuff is going on in my computer, and after a fresh install of Kubuntu 14.04. The strange panel has gone again. I have no idea why it came or went.

Comment

Ah a good idea to do a fresh install because indeed you had a whole bunch of unusual issues, I hope you'll now have a better experience all together.

Comment

Basically this all happened just after re-configuring a fresh install. It is a lot of work; hope I don't have to go through all the same issues. Thanks for trying everyone.

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                  Ah a good idea to do a fresh install because indeed you had a whole bunch of unusual issues, I hope you'll now have a better experience all together.

Comment

too many problems with more adding while i am trying to repair. I am in the process of a distribution upgrade to see if it will repair, perhaps all or some of them. Thanks for your efforts

Comment

Working...
                    X