X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't access Windows Partition

Hi,

I have both Kubuntu (14.04) and Windows 8 on my computer. When I try to access my Windows Partition through Kubuntu, I get this error:

"An error occurred while accessing '470.2 GiB Hard Drive', the system responded: The requested operation has failed: Error mounting /dev/sda2 at /media/sharon/BCC85C9FC85C5A2A: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000,dm ask=0077,fmask=0177" "/dev/sda2" "/media/sharon/BCC85C9FC85C5A2A"' exited with non-zero exit status 14: Windows is hibernated, refused to mount. Failed to mount '/dev/sda2': Operation not permitted The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume read-only with the 'ro' mount option. "

These are some of the steps I've taken but none of them have fixed the issue:
    -Holding shift while clicking the shut-down button
    -Disabling the "turn on fast startup" option in Windows settings
    -Creating a shortcut for full shutdown (shutdown -F -T 01 -C) in Windows
    -Restarting instead of shutting down

I'm not sure why Windows is still in a semi-active state or how to fix it. Does anyone know of any other solutions?
    Thank you!

Hi Karial830. I'm definitely not the one to help you with this as I don't do windows. But while we wait for someone else to come along, let's see about this: From the error message you posted it looks like you have an fstab entry for the windows partition, correct? I'm wondering if all of its components are correct. Perhaps the other partition isn't really semi-active at all, but you're getting an error message indicating it is because something's actually wrong with its mounting instructions.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

make sure you really did shut windows down and have "fast start up disabeld" (may require reboot and shutdown)............ + run a chkdisk on windows ,,,some times some slight file system corruption on a NTFS file system will keep it from being mounted.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I've seen cases where disabling fast start won't "stick" unless you first reboot after making the change and then shut down. But it seems the OP already tried this.

Comment

Working...
        X