Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I install my custom image for wallpaper K14.04?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I install my custom image for wallpaper K14.04?

I have an xcf image 1920 x 1080, the appropriate size for my monitors, and want to put it in the proper folder, so that I can select it for my Desktop Wallpaper. How do I do this, or what is the folder location, and can I cut and paste it into that folder? Thanks!

you can put the image in any place/folder you like then ,,,,right click the desktop/screen>click default desktop settings>down at the bottom under the rest of the wallpapers you can chose from click the "open"button and navigate to where you keep the image you like ,,,,,,click it .

it will appear in the wallpaper selection window and it's location will be remembered

hear is a screen cast of the process

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

By the way, the screencast is really cool.I am embarrassed again, my friend. I have done that so many times, it doesn't seem possible that I could forget. I actually thought I had attempted the exact same process and failed each time. It worked perfectly, of course. I am so sorry to keep screwing up on the easy stuff. Thanks again for your patience.

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      you can put the image in any place/folder you like then ,,,,right click the desktop/screen>click default desktop settings>down at the bottom under the rest of the wallpapers you can chose from click the "open"button and navigate to where you keep the image you like ,,,,,,click it .

it will appear in the wallpaper selection window and it's location will be remembered

hear is a screen cast of the process

VINNY

Comment

Although the problem is already solved, in case one has a bunch of wallpapers and wants them all to be shown in the wallpaper dialog...they can be put in /usr/share/wallpapers/ (system wide) or ~/.kde/share/wallpapers/ (user specific, the directory needs to be created as it doesn't exist by default)...one can also put them in any directory and link that directory as ~/.kde/share/wallpapers.

Comment

One more - drag&drop

1) Unlock Widgets
          2) Drag & drop the picture to the desktop
          3) Lock Widgets

Drop things: http://aseigo.blogspot.fi/2009/09/dr...allpapers.html
          Last edited by Rog132; Aug 14, 2014, 01:03 AM.
          A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
          Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Working...
          X