Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew that is what I should do, but the thought of reinstalling everything and configuring everything was my reason for trying an easier path. And I figured since my problems were so unusual and numerous they may have been fixed in the newer version. Right now, I would like to get back to Kubuntu 13.10; I am exhausted.

New problems have arisen that make that impossible at the moment. I now have a BIOS that does not recognize my cd/dvd/usb so I am unable to install K13.10 from dvd or usb. Additionally, the restart process has bogged down my 8-core processor to snail speed. It takes several minutes before the boot screen appears. And that is a set of problems I have never had to deal with before. And the Kubuntu repair feature does not work either. I am fortunate I boot to my Windows 7 OS. It is connected to the Internet and is working about as well as a Window OS can, or I wouldn't be writing you right now. This experience has driven me bonkers

Originally posted by mbohets View Post
    Don't use Kubuntu 14.10 yet, it is not officially released yet and in alpha development state, which means it is bound to be buggy and you will encounter problems.

Download a fresh iso image of 14.04, do an integrity check on it and then make a clean install with it.

Comment

I had the no wireless probem on my dell inspiron, I had to install the b-43 wireless drivers

Comment

I had to stop this process. I got an instruction from my laptop that my hard drive was having big problems, and I should copy it and replace it as soon as possible. Not knowing when it would completely give out, I shut off the laptop, purchased a new HDD and am waiting for it to get here. If I can save both OS's and their data, I will return to the post, providing a failing HDD has not been the cause of my installation problems. Not knowing if that is possible, I still have to wait for the new drive to pursue resolving this post should the problems still exist after installing the new HDD. Thanks for your thoughtful effort, Jeff.

Originally posted by jeffhutch.412 View Post
        I had the no wireless probem on my dell inspiron, I had to install the b-43 wireless drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
          I had to stop this process. I got an instruction from my laptop that my hard drive was having big problems, and I should copy it and replace it as soon as possible......
          THAT will explain a lot of your problems, if not all of them!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply, friend. It is difficult to wonder about something and not know its possibilities. I am not sure I understand Recovery Disk and Repair Disk. If I make a Recovery Disk of the Windows Vista Operating System, and copy the /home partition of the Kubuntu system, can I set up the TB drive with new partitions and install Windows Vista from the Recovery Disk and Kubuntu 14.04 fresh from a USB 3.0 thumb drive, then copy the /home data from the Kubuntu system damaged drive to the newly created /home of the TB drive. And will this give me my dual-boot salvaged with full use of the TB drive?
            Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            THAT will explain a lot of your problems, if not all of them!

Comment

Working...
            X